Find your perfect auto policy
Your information is secure
You may have heard of zero down coverage, or Buy Now Pay Later policies, but what about auto coverage agents who are offering a free trial of their insurance benefits? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is – and it is next to impossible to find an insurance agent who is willing to cover a vehicle and owner for a ‘free trial’ period.
One reason so many people are interested in a ‘free trial’, be it for vehicle coverage or any other subscription-based or monthly premium, is so that they can get a feel for what a company or service is like before committing to a full subscription or payment plan.
With auto coverage, it works a little differently. Ideally, you do not want to be testing their services or having to file an auto claim, as this would mean that you and your car had been in a collision or that your vehicle was in need of repairs – not an ideal situation.
However, you may want to test out the company in terms of how they ‘feel’ in terms of their coverage – whether their premiums are affordable, how their agent handles your inquiries, and what their customer satisfaction rates are like, for example.
It is also possible that you may just be looking for short-term coverage for a variety of reasons and do not want to sign up for a yearly contract with high monthly premiums.
7 Day Auto Insurance
There are a number of reasons you could be looking for short-term coverage rather than wanting to invest in a long-term contract:
- You are purchasing a new car and want to be able to legally drive it from the lot.
- You are having guests come to stay and anticipate driving their car for the duration of their stay.
- Your primary car is being repaired and you are borrowing a vehicle from a friend.
- Your teen is returning home from college for a week and will need to use the car during their visit.
- You have applied for coverage through a different agency and need to prevent a lapse to continue driving.
- You are taking a vacation and plan on driving a car you have borrowed.
Whatever your reasons are, there are certainly times when you could only need to find comprehensive coverage for a week at a time. Fortunately, there are many agencies that will be happy to cover you and your vehicle for a short period of time, meaning that you have peace of mind while you are driving.
Benefits of Short-Term Coverage
As with longer-term coverage, the benefits of holding a comprehensive insurance plan, no matter how short the term is, far outweigh the risks of not having any coverage at all. It may be a hassle to organize coverage for such a short period, and tempting to skip in altogether, but the consequences could be dire.
From receiving a traffic violation and ticket for not being covered to having your car towed and being arrested, being stopped by law enforcement without valid insurance can incur some very severe penalties. If you happen to be in a road traffic accident or other collision during your period of no coverage and are found to be at fault, you could be responsible for all repairs, legal fees, and medical bills which result from the accident.
Here are some of the benefits of seeking out short-term coverage:
- If an accident does happen while you are driving, or the vehicle is otherwise damaged, you and your vehicle are covered completely – just as they would be with a full-term coverage policy.
- Many short-term coverage policies are effective immediately – processed by an agent or even online, your insurance policy can be emailed to you instantly so you are ready to go as soon as you have paid for your coverage.
- Short-term coverage can be arranged in advance if it is needed for a vacation for example, so policy start and end dates are already in place.
With coverage arranged quickly and efficiently and being relatively inexpensive, it is easy to find short-term coverage to suit your budget.